During the Second World War, the Sisters were intensively collecting aid that was being sent through the Serbian Red Cross to the prisoners of war in Germany. In 1944, the group changed their name to the Circle of Serbian Sisters due to the developing situation in Yugoslavia. The Sainovich family made their premises available to the Circle to be used for the celebration of Patron Saint Days and banquets, while the meetings were held in private homes. The first meeting in the of the Serbian Community was held on March 8th, 1953, and at that time it was decided to form the Church-School Congregation.
The Sisters were instrumental in contributing 25% of the purchase price of the Montrose Road property from their treasury. The Sisters have worked tirelessly from their inception contributing funds to the purchase of the property, building of the hall, building of the Church, Church chandelier, pavilion, furnishings and maintenance of the Parish home, vestments, aide for Serbian orphans of war (1991), etc.